Jun 20, 2006

Case: Promotion Photography


December 2005 i snapped some model shots to promote a scooter that Brynäs was sponsoring (those hockey guys again). This was my second photo-session that actually contained people. Previously i found it reasonably hard to direct people. But its getting easier for every time as i learn what i want from each shot and how to verbalize it in simple instructions. A good sense of humor is also required to get the models to relax.
This shot is originally photographed in a really dirty garage with a white wall. I pulled the background using photoshop and kept some of the shadows along with my own painted ones to create a somewhat believable illusion that my company actually owns a photo studio. The scooter was eventually sold and everyone was happy, except for me that got some axel-grease on my suit pants just before a meeting.

No comments: